Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Updates, and New Directions

Okay so I guess you could tell that I have been quite busy since the last time we visited so I will attempt to catch you all up on what we have been doing in our lives and in doing so introduce you to some possible new directions the content of this blog will be taking. I am hoping that you will find the content to be as down to earth  as it is informative, becoming one of your go to sites for wisdom and laughter in equal measure.
So let's see here I am now the proud momma of five little people who range in ages from 10months to 14years old , four girls and one very active little boy. I have since become a single parent and am now estranged from my husband of 11years and partner for the last 20something years. It has been an eye-opening experience to say the least and I intend to use it as a ministry of encouragement for people who are or have gone through a serious attack on their marriage and family. My testimony is that while I have bent I am not broken. Sometimes we will have to face the harsh reality that we must accept consequences for the choices of others, and these are not always, indeed usually are not to our liking. As you may have guessed (or not) my husband has been unfaithful and chosen to live outside of our home, unwilling to participate in raising our five children at this time. While this is extremely painful I am yet trusting God to show Himself mighty in this circumstance, and bring my family where we need to be.
That being said , I found it increasingly difficult to find adequate support for myself as well as my children as we struggle to cope with the new life we have to live. Many sites offer the common affirmations as well as exhortations to get divorced and move on, however few were truly invested in providing Biblical principles to guide me as I walk this path of forgiveness and restoration, desiring to remain open and available to my husband as a source of comfort and friendship in Christ. I found that most people were eminently ready and willing to counsel me to divorce but few were able to suggest let alone teach me how to maintain a God centered home. I have sought help from pastors and elders as well as some very useful books and resources that I will be posting later, and people who have been through similar situations. One common theme kept repeating itself, and that was the lack of credibility these authors had amongst people like myself who are impacted most by being able to watch how an idea is executed. My desire is to provide examples of proper applications of these principles alongside of great resources and a word of encouragement, occasionally interrupted by lighter fare.
Please feel to comment and share your experiences, wisdom as we reason together , we also welcome questions and suggestions for topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment